Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quick respects to be paid

I'm racing off to start the working day here and wringing my hands, as I do ever couple of weeks on a Tuesday or Wednesday, at the realization that there's no way I get to watch the match. That said, I needed to take a second and pay some notice and respect, in advance of today's Champions League quarter-final against Villarreal, to ex-Gunner Robert Pires. He joined Arsenal in 2006 and was instantly one of my favourite players. Just pure class, Robert. And from all I've ever gathered, he was class and intelligence off the pitch as well. A nice article with a brief glance at ol' Bobby in the Daily Mail. I'm sure there's more out there to be seen but I've not got the time at the instant. Full spirit and support, of course, for the Arsenal today but I'll be happy the whole way through for the continued success of Robert Pires. Article here. Scroll on down from Jim's Live Blog extravaganza!!

No comments: