Monday, November 3, 2008

Lost

I'm lost in the early season football wildness.

Arsenal have LOST - lost, people - to Fulham, Hull and Stoke.

I'd say "let that soak in," but hell, that's about all I've been doing the last several days. It's soaking. It's like the Pickled Egg in the corner bar I will never walk into. I don't even know where to begin anymore when it comes to taking a look at the team. Everything I've thought over the course of the season is coming true. Those thoughts don't need to be rehashed. 

So I sit, I scratch my head and wonder when the hell the team will be sorted out. The rumblings are out there ... it's only a matter of time until we start to hold the manager even more culpable, and take a good hard look at what's he's been up to this year. 

And I'm trembling with shame at questioning the man, Arsene Wenger. He's been nothing sort of an icon. At the moment, though, there are a lot of questions that need answering.

No comments: