Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's come to this

No, Match Pricks hasn't disappeared from all of your lives for good. I just needed more time to recover and accept what happened in the derby than I realized. That, and also a roaring Monday night bender across the city that reminded me Tuesday morning that I'm much, much older than I was the last time I tried something like that.

Anyway, look at that picture above. I actually wore a shell suit top to work Monday night, and it was selected with the intention of trying to cling to even a small bit of the era from Liverpool's last golden age in the League. I consciously decided that perhaps by donning a shell suit jacket, I can summon the ghosts of Paisley and Fagan, and instill the spirit of Dalglish and Rush, by some weird, trans-Atlantic psycho-fashion osmosis into the current Liverpool side.

Yes, it's come to this.

More to come ...

No comments: