Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Where is my Alonso injury update?

And why am I convinced Jintao here has something to do with the silence from Melwood about the status of The Director's foot? What are you up to Jintao?

Granted, with the time difference and all – it's currently 10:07 a.m. Tuesday wherever Rafa is sitting, recovering from those kidney stones – I'm taking a chance here with an early morning post before hitting the sack. Who knows? Maybe this will all be cleared up when I awake in about six hours or so? But still, Sammy Lee said after the Cup win at Preston that it would take 24 to 48 hours before Alonso's status became clear. However, we're approaching 72 hours since the boy got seven stitches sewn into his foot, and with so much hanging in the balance, wouldn't it behoove Liverpool to help calm my damn nerves a bit by at least telling me where the hell things stand?

Look, I don't ask for much. Just let me watch the game every weekend and give me my regular dose of Xabi Alonso: The Director. Please, Rafa, Sammy Lee, Xabi, whoever, just let me know what's going on. I can't take it much longer.

Let me have it, Doc. Good or bad, I need to know how much time I got.

UPDATE: 8:37 p.m. Tuesday in Liverpool proper and still no word. I don't like it.

No comments: